- K-1 Global’s Ned Kuruc Discusses the Future of K-1
- K-1 Global Announces Expansion in Romania and Azerbaijan
- K-1 Announces TopBetta as Official Gaming Partner for K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16
- K-1 Signs Long-term Deals with Fighters David Calvo and Miodrag Olar
- Event Card
- Thai Airways International and K-1 Partner to Deliver Free Live Stream of K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16 with Epicentre.tv
- K-1 Announces K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16 Fight Draws
- Group Rates Available for Hotel Amic Horizonte in Mallorca for K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16
- Final List of Participants for K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16 Revealed
- K-1 Gym Tokyo is Ready to Train Everyone, From Kids to Pros
K-1 and Buakaw Banchamek Secure Long Term Deal
- Updated: August 6, 2013
BANGKOK, August 6th, 2013 — K-1 Global is very proud to announce that the 2004 and 2006 K-1 World MAX Champion, Buakaw Banchamek, has signed a new, long-term deal which will see Buakaw return to the K-1 ring and continue fighting under the banner among the best in the world. Buakaw Banchamek — who fans may remember better as Buakaw Por. Pramuk — has had a deal of obstacles to overcome over the last few years, but it has only made him stronger and hungry to compete against the best in the world again.
Buakaw Banchamek first appeared under the K-1 banner back in 2004 when he took the world by storm by entering into his first World MAX tournament. Banchamek’s first foray into a Kickboxing tournament saw him face a who’s who of Kickboxers, as he defeated John Wayne Parr, Takayuki Kohiruimaki and then defeated Masato in the Finals. His win at the 2004 K-1 World MAX tournament helped to make him one of the most famous Thai fighters of all time, which only improved with his next few appearances for the promotion. Buakaw faced a tough loss to Andy Souwer in the 2005 K-1 World MAX Finals, but the two met again in the finals in 2006 where Buakaw once again captured the crown.
On September 14th in Mallorca, Spain, Buakaw will make his first appearance in a K-1 ring since 2009 as he will enter the K-1 World MAX Final 16. A win at the Final 16 will assure him a spot in the upcoming Final 8, which will be announced at a later date. Fans across the world have been waiting for Buakaw to once again fight under K-1 rules and K-1 Global is very proud to be able to bring Buakaw Banchamek back home.
About K-1 Global
K-1, founded in 1993, is one of the most exciting and prestigious sports and entertainment brands in the world. The K-1 brand is synonymous with the sport of professional Kickboxing, known across the world for producing some of the most exciting events and memorable tournaments featuring some of the best athletes in the world. K-1 has presented professional live martial arts events in over 38 countries across the world and is one of the most recognizable names in the world of professional martial arts.
For more information about K-1 Global, please visit www.k-1.tv